Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Black spot again...

Posted By: Mickie <mickie@cinci.rr.com>
Date: Wednesday, 9 February 2000, at 5:44 a.m.

I went to http://www.fishyfarmacy.com/Symptoms/symptoms.html and this is what it said:

Punctiform black spots in the dermis: metacercarial infestation, no suitable treatment known.

Now it took me some searching to find the definition for "punctiform" which means pointed (who can get that close of a look at a Clown?) and metacercarial which is a parasite that has a complex life cycle. From what I gather the life cycle can be in snails which I fed my Clowns as fast as I could pick them out of other tanks and includes birds also (I don't have birds).

I'm not sure this is what it is but I can say treatment has been disappointing. Some information I've ready states that the above is rarely fatal as it cannot complete its life cycle.

This seems to be the only explanation I can come up