Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Kuhlis

Posted By: Melissa
Date: Saturday, 12 February 2000, at 1:38 a.m.

First time here, so be gentle with me...I confess that I have just offed a total of four Kuhli loaches. I have a 55 gal setup with rainbows, serpaes, danios, corys, and up until yesterday, one solitary survivor of a kuhli loach experiment (which obviously failed dismally). What's the scoop on keeping these things? The tank is cycled to the point where I'm having no problems with the other residents; it's fairly densely planted; I added a flower pot for them to hide (one stumbled into it by mistake during his death throes). I did not buy the tubifex (can't get 'em locally), but fed sinking "granules" at night. Never saw one eat. In fact, barely saw them at all until they were banging around the front of the tank a few hours before they died. The fish books say they are "undemanding", etc. Where did I go wrong? Did I get puny stock? Am I just a bad person? I like the looks of them, but I'm unwilling to subject any more of them to certain death until I figure out what the heck I did/didn't do! Any suggestions?

Messages In This Thread

View Thread |