Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Clicking Clowns/Numbers game

Posted By: Jayne <Loachlady@hotmail.com>
Date: Saturday, 12 February 2000, at 7:10 p.m.

Enjoying my new pair of 1" clowns led me to an observation. These guys aren't shy and will actually eat in front of me! It looks to me that the clicking sound occurs as they feel food with the barbels and then suck to get it in their mouth. The sound seemed to come from the bits of food snapping in place for chewing. I have broken the Loach Rule of buying on odd numbers. I bought 2, bringing my total to 5. If I had bought 3 which I couldn't afford anyway, I would have had 6. If I had bought 4, I would have had 7, but still there would be 4 juviniles. I love a good math problem, but it doesn't seem to work. I am probably going to buy another baby, to bring that gang up to 3, hoping that the size difference will keep them as seperate loach piles. Any thoughts? Jayne </