Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Clown is eating other fish

Posted By: AD <andydandy@arias.net>
Date: Saturday, 19 February 2000, at 4:33 p.m.

Hey there! I have a 3 inch clown loach. I have had him in a 20 gallon tank with 6 other fish. 2 zebras, 2 skirted tetras and 2 red eye tetras. The temp is at 80 degrees. He has lived solitary ( without any other clowns because they all died) for the past 4 months and has been doing exceptionally well considering hes the only loach. Ive noticed he was getting very fat, i figured it was the nice diet of shrimp pellets, flaked food, zuchini and blood worms hes been eating, but then just the other day i saw him chasing around one of the zebras ( they are small, about one inch), i thought they were playing, but to my dismay he caught the zebra and within 3 minutes time he ate him!! he took him into a corner and gobbled him up without any of the others even bothering him. I originally start