Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Skunk botia compatability

Posted By: Daphne
Date: Saturday, 19 February 2000, at 10:17 p.m.

I was wondering if anyone had some advice for me. I have a 40 gallon that I would like to turn into a community tank. I also have a 75 gallon, a ten gallon and I am getting a 180 gallon in the future for my clown knife. Right now I have the ten gallon set up for a quarantine tank for my clown loaches, which I haven't purchased yet. In my 40 gallon I have two plecos, a skunk botia, two baby oscars, a clown knife and a goldfish. My skunk has already killed another loach. I am moving all predators and one pleco to the 75. The goldfish is going in a koi pond, and I would like to move my clowns into the 40. (confused yet?) My problem is the skunk. He is too aggressive for the community and not big enough for the oscars or knife. Can he live happily in a ten gallon and if so, what should I put with him? If not, should I reconsider the clown loaches, and work my whole 40 gallon around the s