Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

ick

Posted By: Robin <robin@jetcity.com>
Date: Monday, 21 February 2000, at 12:37 a.m.

I had to break down my tank yesterday and move it from one room to another. I also at the same time replaced the gravel. Put something finer in for the loaches because these guys seem to really like to dig and it was hard for them with the big grade gravel. It was a very percarious time and I lost one sword tail due to my stupidity. I put all 7 fish in a bucket to hold over till I could get the new tank set up and someone decided the sword tail looked like a meal. I used about half of the water from the old tank but because I don't have a second tank I used 9 gallons of water that I had left standing. What I'm worried about is the temp drop. I'm hoping it wasn't to bad and I don't think it lasted to long. If someone is going to come down with Ick from this would it most likely be in the following 24hrs? So far everyone acts and looks good. No spots. Good