Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Opinion time!!

Posted By: Mickie <mickie@cinci.rr.com>
Date: Tuesday, 22 February 2000, at 2:49 a.m.

Okay, you all get to give me your opinions on my brand spanking new 75 gallon. Its resting down stairs with the substrate added yesterday.

Its going to be a planted tank so it has a bottom layer of kitty litter w/ osmokote with all purpose sand on top. About an inch in the front 3 inches in the back.

I'm going to have an Eheim 2217 and a mature AC200 (at least for awhile) on this tank.

My 5 black speckled clown loaches are going into this tank. I've been considering adding Kulis also. Now, I know clowns like to arrange my plants but since Kulis bury themselves in the sand is this a no no?

Also, bioload. 5 clowns and a school of bosemani rainbows is what I intended to have in this tank. Do you think some Kuli's would be pushing it? Plus a small school of Harlequin Rasboras?

How will the clowns react to