Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Hey Hans, I found some info....

Posted By: Nick <andrew_nj@wvwc.edu>
Date: Tuesday, 22 February 2000, at 4:15 p.m.

From about seven or eight different sources I found some fairly decent information on the Lepidocephalichthys thermalis. These guys are native to streams around India in the Tamil, Palani, and all over about the region. They are capable of breathing air. They are found in a variety of situations including rice patties, roadside ditches, and streams. They have a tendancy for burrowing, as you know. Putting this together I am assuming that they would like warmer waters also. 26C seemed to be the average water temperatures. pH's ranged but tended to be around 7.0-7.4. Tolerances seemed to be well in the slighlty acidic pH levels. Salinity was typically around .36ppm. They see