Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Expert Advice Needed

Posted By: Mickie <mickie@cinci.rr.com>
Date: Wednesday, 23 February 2000, at 5:56 a.m.

My Clown Loaches are going into this tank so that makes it on topic... right?

I am in the process of setting up a 75 gallon. The table I have it on is seems to be slightly bowed in the middle. By slightly I mean I can slip a piece of paper easily through the middle but it stops at each end.

Now, I have two choices. I can hope that a 1/16th of an inch gap won't put an inordinate amount of stress on the tank or I can drain what water I have in there and have two hefty guys lift it so I can put styrofoam on the bottom.

The amount of bow is so slight I'm not sure if I can get away with this gap. I know the safe way would be to put down the styrofoam but we can't get everyone in one place until this weekend and the plants I ordered are arriving in a few days.

Any thoughts? Please?

Mickie

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.