Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Lopsided Dojo

Posted By: Jeff <jeffmoore@mindspring.com>
Date: Friday, 25 February 2000, at 7:22 p.m.

Hi all. I just started a 10 gallon aquarium and added one of my favorite fish, a loach. This is the first Dojo I've ever had and after adding it to the tank I noticed something strange. When lying along the bottom, the loach sometimes lays on itsback, sometimes on its side. It looks like something is terribly wrong, yet it continues to live. (I added it to the tank about three weeks ago.)I've been wondering if this normal behavior. Wishful thinking makes me hope it is a pregnant female and is going to give birth, but I'm not sure. Its belly isn't huge but it does look "lumpy." Has anyone seen this behavior? If so, wWhat should I do? Also, how do you tell the sex of a loach? Well, thanks everyone in advanc