Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Re: Killer loaches

Posted By: Dave Guest <d.s.guest@cableinet.co.uk>
Date: Friday, 25 February 2000, at 7:50 p.m.

In Response To: Killer loaches (Anne Webel)

That's a good deduction Anne and one I wish my deluded brain would have come to :-) I think you're right, since on both occassions there was spawning activity by the rainbows it makes sense that the "hymens" were probably having an egg feast and literally bit the hand that fed them.

I think I mentioned borrowing a digital camera but not a web-cam. I was hoping to get hold of one of those Sony Mavicas that can record up to a minute or so of video in mpeg format but I'm still trying to find a shop that trusts me :-) The bloke who was going to lend me one sold it instead...

[off-topic follows]

BTW This has bugged me for many years: What is Threadfall??? I only read four of the books and in every one I had to sit back and try to visualise... but drew blanks apart from fiery stuff falling from the sky. PS I will reply to the Stratford email soon.

Dave

Messages In This Thread