Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Golden Loaches

Posted By: Olivia <liv.b@cwcom.net>
Date: Monday, 28 February 2000, at 5:12 p.m.

I have owned a couple of these gorgeous yet rare coldwater loaches over the years. They are increasingly hard to find in the UK and would be interested to find out if any one can get hold of them easily. They resemble Weather Loach, yet are a beautiful tangerine colour and very intelligent. I would like to know of any details that may be helpful in my quest to find out more about these charming loaches. However, as a point of interest, as my loach has grown, he has taken to nibbling the fins of my white koi - but only at feeding time! No major damage done but I decided to try to train him out of this habit, and interestingly after a few days of being fed in a net, he stopped!!! Clever, eh??!!

Messages In This Thread