Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Re: New Clown.... 2xs bigger.. a problem??

Posted By: Bob D <bobd@primus.com.au>
Date: Wednesday, 1 March 2000, at 8:34 p.m.

Adam,

In my experience clowns get on whatever the size. My 11 range from 2" to 10" and the only fighting I have seen is between similar sized fish sorting out the pecking order. The small ones just stay out of the way when the biggest one gets crankyand she doesnt pursue them beyond a warning, just insists on being left alone for a while.

My worst experience with not eating lasted for around 10 days after introduction to the tank. They came from a terrible LFS that was closing down and they werent in good condition. They just lay at the back of the tank the whole time and, like you I freaked and thought they would die. There was nothing I knew to do though and eventually they came good and joined the rest.

Best of luck,