Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Golden Nugget pleco

Posted By: Guinevere <gkr6@earthlink.net>
Date: Wednesday, 8 March 2000, at 3:25 a.m.

This is for Ron. I found 2 other sites that list the Golden Nugget. There is www.aquahobby.com/gnugget.html, where they had interesting postings from other owners. Seems they stay small, and Don't like algae as much as other plecos, and some are sensitive and die after a short time. Though after reading Dr. Momfish's FAQ here about intestinal worms, that may be a factor rather than a true feature of the species. I'm going to watch mine for signs of worms. Also, this site I couldn't get the pictures to load. http://planetcatfish.com had 3 different photos of the fish, but very little info. Both sites listed the golden nugget under the Baryancistrus sp. L177 proper name. I'll do another search later and let you know what I find.

Messages In This Thread