Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

More on sids...

Posted By: Iris <Iris6@aol.com>
Date: Wednesday, 15 March 2000, at 11:17 p.m.

I apologize to anyone who notices that yes, I've posted this twice. I just realized I posted this about 5 messages from the end, and was afraid it would roll off before interested parties could read it:

I was just at Brian's Fish World today, and looked again at his sids. I also brought a measuring tape. They have been in the tank long enough now to be less shy, so I was able to get a rough measurement of a little over 2.5 inches, definitely less than 3 inches. Aren't they still a bit large for sids? I have no idea if these are supposed to be full-grown.

They have the full metal jacket - but a week ago, they had chain showing only toward the rear of the fish. Can a fish develop a full chain that fast? I suspect stress may h