Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

A PERSONAL MESSAGE TO ALL LURKERS AND THOSE WHO'VE NOT POSTED ON HERE.

Posted By: Martin Thoene. <martin.thoene@lakenheath.af.mil>
Date: Saturday, 18 March 2000, at 10:33 p.m.

Just lately I've seen a sudden increase in the number of E-mails I get from people I've never heard of before, and have never posted a question on this Forum. I also know of several other's here who have had the same thing happen.

I have many friends through posting here that I have regular mail with and enjoy it immensely.

Asking a question of one person will only get you one opinion, one amount of experience to rely on. This forum exists for people to ask questions on because many people read it and a vast amount of experience and knowledge is therefore at your disposal.

I don't know why people choose to ask a question of me or others off-forum. I know that the people who get these mails ARE good people to ask questions of, but their E-mail accounts don't exist as a sort of International Loach Problem Solver, but this Forum does. There's nothing to lose by asking a question here, only much knowledge to gain.

People here are nice and want to help out others, that's why we come back time after time. I get mails from others with interesting info about Loaches which I love to get,so keep on sending those, but questions belong on here.

I just don't have the time to answer them frankly, and that's why I don't answer every post here either. If I've got time, I'll re-direct people back here for the "Big Picture"......there's so much info in the archives if people just took the time to do a bit of searching, so you can often find your answer without posting if you have a problem with that, for whatever reason.

Rant over :)

Martin.

Messages In This Thread