Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Does Lizard Loach, Pakistani Loach, Yoyos, B. Helodes, Horsefaced Loach and Clowns mix well?

Posted By: Faizal <sil_chleo@yahoo.com>
Date: Monday, 20 March 2000, at 12:45 a.m.

I need some help / advice / both regarding about buying tankmates for my Lizard Loaches. I've kept them in a 3 and a half feet long tank, with 3 specimens of "Acanthopsis Choiorhyncus" or whatever current scientific name they are refering to it, ( I dont believe this, I cant even pronounce the name of the fish I keep ) or for me, the horsefaced Loach, 3 Yoyo loaches and 2 pakistani loach. I saw specimens of Botia Helodes of a sort, they were 3 inches long. They have the same coloration common to B. Helodes but with less distinct thin markings. The picture on LOL shows a similarly shaped fish, but the markings are slightly different. I also saw Clown Loaches offered at an incredibly low price ( 2" inches specimens usualy priced at RM8.00 a pair, these 2.5" was sold at RM2.50 a piece! ). These are my questions:

1. Will the B. Helodes harrass my fishes, especially my Lizard Loaches, The yoyos, pakistani and horsefaced loach can fend for themselves from these 3" Botia Helodes specimens I'm sure. Do they shoals? Can I feed them the same food I've been feeding my other fish? Do they tolerate the same water conditions?

2. If I buy the clowns, will they be much difficult to maintain then my wild caught lizard loaches? From what I've read, they are difficult to keep, or to keep them healthy because of their water condition preference. Should I buy more than 2 specimens?

That's my questions. Please, if anyone know the answers to my questions, or have any advice, please reply this A.S.A.P! The temptation of buying those plump clown loaches and those shiny B. Helodes is too much for me! I cant sleep right, please help me before I do something foolish!

Needs Help ( my first name is Always too ! ;-) Regards-Faizal.

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.