Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Re: This board needs a FAQ...

Posted By: Martin Thoene. <martin.thoene@lakenheath.af.mil>
Date: Sunday, 19 March 2000, at 8:43 p.m.

In Response To: This board needs a FAQ... (Iris)

Iris, Jeff did have the best intentions of doing this, but it did become a totally enormous task, and I guess pressure of work put the brakes on it at the point the internal parasite bit got finished. The sheer enormity of the number of posts that have been put on LOL since it's inception makes this a very difficult task.

I had the idea of the Ick database to see if we could come up with any conclusive reasons for triggering the disease, but it took concerted effort by LOL's best computer wizzes for it to actually get off the ground. I'm still not sure if it told us anything we didn't already know!

I tried to make my Hillstream article as a sort of FAQ for that subject. If other's want to dedicate themselves to a particular subject, research it from the info in the Archive and other sources, and develop an FAQ for it, I'm sure it would be useful. It would take volunteers to liase though to avoid the same subject being covered by 2 or more people.

I'm sure Jeff will have his own comments on your post, and my ideas.

Martin.

Messages In This Thread