Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

It's Spring, and fishy thoughts turn to...

Posted By: Iris <Iris6@aol.com>
Date: Tuesday, 21 March 2000, at 12:39 p.m.

...territory?

Good grief, all the fish are so suddenly active, and there have been personality changes, too. Shy fish aren't; active fish are more so; those who got along are nippy...

My discus are biting each other - they normally get along; my modestas are super active to the point where they don't watch where they are going and run into the rocks (hence one bad scratch I'm trying to help heal), *all* of them come out to play or sit on the rocks and driftwood, clown-loach-style, which is a real personality change for some of them. This morning they made so much noise it woke me up, and when I went over to look, *two* of them showed their spines. (Half-inch spines! Yow!) All of this started *before* I put salt in the tank, so that's not the cause. And I haven't added any medicine for the scratches yet, so that's not it, either.

The tetras are chasing each other, my friend's cories go up and down and up and down, his kuhli loaches have suddenly put on size and color and are chasing each other without regard for human proximity, his clowns are clicking, and his modestas are behaving like mine.

No one is full of spawn, though (except maybe some of the tetras) - so this is something else. It's not a drop in the barometric pressure, either - if anything, the pressure has gone up.

We are experiencing an early spring. Is anyone else noticing changes in their fish behavior right now, in places where it is spring right now?

Iris - surrounded by rambunctious fish

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.