Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Searching for information...

Posted By: Dave Guest <d.s.guest@cableinet.co.uk>
Date: Tuesday, 21 March 2000, at 4:05 a.m.

In Response To: Re: This board needs a FAQ...Or us newbies need to learn to make use of the SEARCH function :)n/m (Jeff Shafer - Webmaster)

I agree Jeff,

I personally have never had any problems with the search engine (apart from those couple of occassions when I tried searching as it was in the middle of an index regeneration). Sometimes you do get hundreds of results but the first page usually does the trick.

It's worth pointing out that there are 2 ways of searching the archives. The first is to use the "Search" facility where you can search for particular keywords in the message bodies and headers. The second is to "View the forum archive" which literally just lists every message ever posted. This is the one that can seem daunting as you only see the message subjects which very often do not match the message bodies if the discussions have drifted off on a tangent. Using these two methods I usually find what I'm looking for within a couple of minutes.

Dave

Messages In This Thread