Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Clown Loaches and Ich

Posted By: TG <tgim@acusd.edu>
Date: Friday, 24 March 2000, at 10:42 p.m.

A few questions, hopefully someone can help with:

A week ago I noticed some small white spots on the tail of one of my (I have five small ones) clowns. I went out and bought Maracide and began treatment immediately. I followed the directions on the label and placed a drop for every gallon (40 gallon tank & water temp 78). I subsequently did some reasearch on clowns and Ich and learned to be careful about giving medication. But no site clarified what that meant. I continued the treatment for four days instead of the bottle recommended five. I did a 40%water change and everything seems to be ok with the clowns but I do have concerns they might have later ill effects. Anyone have any comments, I could use the peace of mind.

Two smaller matters, one, I read I should place slices of blanched zuccinni for my