Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Hot Climes Is interfering me! ( not to mention and my fish )

Posted By: Faizal <sil_chleo@yahoo.com>
Date: Wednesday, 29 March 2000, at 6:31 a.m.

Okay guys... I need help again, as always ;-). Okay, I admit, the YOYO and PAKISTANI is the same species, but the dealer told me that the YOYO ( B. Lohachata )is named FLOWER LOACH and The B. STRIATA is PAKISTANI loach, it was his mistake! LOL. Anyway thanks for your replies people! My 31/2 feet tank in which I keep my Lizard Loaches uses an internal powerhead/ filter. One problem is, when the powerhead heats up, it influences my water temperature. What must I do to keep the temperature down. I mean, I know if the water temperature drops, you use heaters, but is there anyway other than using "coolers" ( if they ever existed )? And one other thing, how to keep the water acidic? I have one big piece of driftwood and three other smaller ones ( which are all unvarnished ), they do turn the aquarium water into tea-color, but the ph. reads slightly over 7.1. I've heard about peat moss and etc, but i prefer using some leaf ( dry leaf boiled to extract the juice ) of cattapa sp. Does anyone have any idea on how to this the right way? I am very concerned to use commercially developed stuff because I've accidentally killed two of my fishes using some disinfectant ( aquarium use only- it reads! ). So please, help me!

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.