Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Strange Khuli tricks...

Posted By: Ed Averill <eaverill@rabidgames.com>
Date: Wednesday, 29 March 2000, at 11:13 a.m.

Ok, has anyone seen THIS before: I have two khulis in a tank with some tetras and corys, they all get along fine. Lately, my largest khuli has taken to wedging himself between the thermometer and the side of the tank, sitting there looking for all the world like a snake waiting to fall on some unsuspecting passer-by.

I've seen supposed Dojos in an aquarium store pull this trick using plants, gracefully (sometimes NOT so gracefully!) draped over the top leaves, but this is the first time I've observed my khuli doing this.

They both have also taken on a slight reddish cast to their color, but don't appear to be suffering any sickness, the water chemistry is perfect (pH 6.8, temp. 78deg., no ammonia, no nitrite, low nitrates), and I haven't changed their diet recently. Any id