Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Skinny clown loach

Posted By: Pam <pamelasr@earthlink.net>
Date: Saturday, 1 April 2000, at 10:55 a.m.

The newest addition to my loach family is a 1.5" clown that I got 9 days ago. He had ich at the time, which seems to have been treated successfully. He is acting well and eating like a pig, but he is skinny. Seems like I can see the darkened outline of his internal organs thru his abdominal wall. I don't mean he is emaciated, but this is not something that I can see in my other clowns (they are fat pigs), but do not remember seeing it when they were smaller. He is still in the q tank and will remain there for at least another 5 days, but I am hesitant to move him because I fear he might have some internal parasite. Anybody else ever seen this in a small clown? Thanks, Pam