Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Re: Remember my question to you all about clowns getting aggressive with age....

Posted By: Clowntje
Date: Monday, 3 April 2000, at 3:27 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Remember my question to you all about clowns getting aggressive with age.... (Trebor)

Trebor, how do you know that nobody cares about what you think?

At the moment I am reading a book of Konrad Lorenz on aggression by animals and human beings (yes, the Lorenz of both the Nobel price as well as the Lorenz who had discutable racial opinions).

Anyway according to Lorenz, and also to my own observations: catching small fish for food has nothing to do with aggression! The hunter is focussed on getting his prey, but he is not angry at all. He hunts in a very composed manner. By the way untill now I only see my pair of Ramirezis at night after lights have go out and hunt my baby mollies (who then have come down close to the gravel while in the day time they hide in the bushes near the surface).

I did see real aggression by my small Sids to other fish. When I have some more time I will try and write down what possibly could make them so mad (while there were 12 of them in a 120 gallon tank with fine water quality with lots of plants and hiding places and a relatively low load of fish). Now that they are in a 15 gallon with only 5 otocinclus as company, they seem the most peaceful fish in the whole world...

Messages In This Thread