Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Re: River Tank idea.

Posted By: Dave Guest <d.s.guest@cableinet.co.uk>
Date: Monday, 3 April 2000, at 5:18 p.m.

In Response To: River Tank idea. (Charles)

Sounds good but I'm confused as to how you're going to attach the external Fluval 404's to the manifold system in order to create the river effect. The only way would be to attach the inlet pipes directly to the manifold and position the outlets slightly above substrate level at the same end of the tank... also beware that the output values given for external filters are (I think) the flow rate that the water leaves the cannister at. If they're positioned below the tank level the flow at the outlet is a lot lower than what it says on the box so the river effect probably won't be that great.

I'm not one to preach stocking levels (each to his own I say) but 24 loaches sounds like a lot for a 55. I'd probably go for no more than a dozen keeping in mind that although they're generally peaceful they each like a rock of their own to call home.

Hope it works out and we don't have to wait a year for the results :-)

Dave

Messages In This Thread