Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Re: Remember my question to you all about clowns getting aggressive with age....

Posted By: Steve B <sdburton@hotmail.com>
Date: Tuesday, 4 April 2000, at 8:12 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Remember my question to you all about clowns getting aggressive with age.... (Geoffrey)

Geoffrey,

I doubt if this will cure the aggression as there will now be a fight between the remaining clowns to determine the new loach-in-chief. How big are your loaches? And what have you done with the loach you removed from the tank? Don't forget that loaches are gregarious fish (enjoy company of their own kind), and so the loner may begin to decline. Clowns are pretty inquisitive fish and like to "whisker" the other fish - could this be what you and your fiancee saw? Having said that, all fish are individuals, and so have different personalities - it could be you have the loach equivalent of a chainsaw-wielding blood-crazed pyschopath! Have you considered having another tank just for the loaches (and a few fast moving dither fish, eg zebra danios)?

keep us informed.

Steve

Messages In This Thread