Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Clown Loach behavior

Posted By: Christina Zubernis <Mixie3@hotmail.com>
Date: Tuesday, 4 April 2000, at 5:51 p.m.

Hi! I'm the proud owner of three great clown loaches. Recently two of my clown loaches have been doing something rather strange, or should I say that they are doing something thats more unusual then what they normally do? They swim to the top of the water, and they seem to be pressing their "mouths" to the glass of the tank- they make a loud taping noise when they do it- so loud it can wake me up at night. At first I thought it was my filter- then with close observation- i realized it was the clown loaches. is this normal? What are they doing? If it's not normal- could something be wrong with my tank? My nitrite was up- but i fixed it. The other loach acts fine! Someone let me know- i'd appreciate it! Thanks!