Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Two clowns died!!!!!!!!! :(:(:(

Posted By: Matt M. <Yamaha225@NetZero.net>
Date: Wednesday, 12 April 2000, at 4:18 p.m.

Oh my god, I could not believe my eyes when I woke up this morning...:(:( I found two of my 3 clowns dead. One uside down and the other with his face buried in the sand.:(((((( AAAHHHRRRRGGGGG!!!!!!! MY FAVORITE FISH!!!!! I do believe that it WAS my fault though.........Yesterday I broke the whole tank down because I was going to switch the gravel to sand. I siphoned out enough to fill a spare 10 gallon to put all of my fish in and draine the rest of the tank out the window with my magnum. I took out all of the gravel and put in the sand and filled it up. I changed the water about 5 times to get it clear again and then put everything back in. Got my stress coat in and all filters running and put the fish in. The one thing that I forgot to check was the temp!!!!!! The tank temp was 87 (yikes) and the 10 gal