Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

clowns get just rewards

Posted By: Matt
Date: Tuesday, 18 April 2000, at 9:08 p.m.

Hello, l posted some messages about 6 months ago and got some great advice . for the last year my 4 medium sized clowns have been in 3ft tank with no plants by them selves . last night l put them into my 4ft fully planted community tank, that houses 7 black phantom tetras, 6 zebra danios, 1 flying fox, 4 Otocinclus, and 6 kuhli loaches . The tank is 3 months old, and has a ehiem 2226 cannister filter (which provides a good current), home made CO2 gas injection, and 3 light strips . The ph is around 6.8, with no registered readings of ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate . l put the clowns in last night, and this morning they have found their old home (a hollow bog wood log which came with them from the old tank). They have not interacted with the smaller fish, and even let a kuhli loach swim right over three of them huddled together . They have not damaged the plants like some shop owners told me . al