Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

high-fin Chinese loach

Posted By: lohen <block@digital.net>
Date: Thursday, 20 April 2000, at 4:15 a.m.

I've had some beautiful fish for about six months now that I bought under the name, "High-finned Chinese loaches". I've also heard them refered to as Asian Hi-fin banded suckers, freshwater batfish, and high-finned banded sharks. They have vertical bands of opalescent color and lacy looking black bands. The dorsal fin is very high and continues into the adipose fin. They have well defined anal, pelvic, and pectoral fins. I really love these fish but have been unable to obtain any information about them. They are peaceful bottom dwellers and are fairly good scavengers. I have them in a 60 gal. tank at aprox. 7.2 PH and 78 degrees temp. They have grown quite rapidly and seem to love their bloodworms, as well as most other foods. I would appreciate any info. on these fish and would especia