Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Just some information........

Posted By: Mike Ophir <ophir@wn.net>
Date: Tuesday, 2 May 2000, at 7:43 p.m.

I thought you guys here would want to find out some new information on the Botia Superciliaris, just so the topic of this forum would get back on track to more Loach/Botia related stuff.

I have learned some interesting info on the B. Superciliaris from one of my new books that I have got last week. It says that there is no question that the B. Superciliaris is rightfully placed in the genus Botia, due to the spine under neath their eyes, and arched body, but it also says, that the body becomes more like a Botia Lecontei as the specimen ages. There are no photographs of it in the book though.

Just thoght you'd like to know, because I remember about a year ago, there was a discuss