Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Clown Loach 101, please?

Posted By: Melissa
Date: Wednesday, 3 May 2000, at 1:13 a.m.

Got myself an Attagirl present the other day in the form of 3 little (~2") clown loaches. They're in a 55g with 5 rainbowfish, 11 Serpae tetras, a few Z danios, 5 peppered corys, and an oto. The tank is planted, has a fairly good-sized piece of driftwood, and 2 semi-buried flowerpots. I feed mostly frozen foods; brine shrimp, mosquito larvae, mysis shrimp, and this "omnivore diet" called "Emerald Entree". I also throw in the occasional spirulina wafer at bedtime, and feed Hikari mini-pellets and generic flakes once every other day or so. The tank is kept at about 78 degrees. Ammonia and nitrites zero. Nitrates usually in the 10ppm range. pH is neutral to ever-so-slightly acid. KH is practically non-existent (only 3 out of the tap), and DH is around 10. I haven't made any special effort to cater to the loaches, and they seem to scrap for food with the other residents