Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Mystery Disease - HELP!!!

Posted By: Michelle <lilahdog@prairie-light.com>
Date: Friday, 5 May 2000, at 6:26 p.m.

OK, I did another really stupid thing. I had a perfectly nice tank with 3 Clowns & 2 Cory Cats. I thought I needed some mid-water fish so I purchased 1 Betta & 12 Cardinal Tetras. Fearing ick, which I had a lot of trouble with when my loaches were little, I put the new fish in another tank for about 4 days, one of the tetras died, but some tetras always die during transfer, so I didn't think too much (stupid). When no signs of ick showed up I transfered them to loach tank. A few days later all but 4 tetras were dead, the Betta died. Today I come home and one of my loaches is dead. I've heard of things like fish tuberculosis but didn't think it was too common. Does anyone know what possible fish disease makes seemingly perfectly healthy looking and acting fish just drop dead? Is there anything I can do about it. If they all die I am just gonna give up the fish hobby. I am sick! And stupid!!!

Messages In This Thread