Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

update on Sids after lowering water temperature

Posted By: Clowntje <wj.spoel@hccnet.nl>
Date: Sunday, 7 May 2000, at 1:48 p.m.

My 7 Sids (that survived of the twelve I bought in november last years), have been living for a few month now in my 15 gallon allong with some otocinclus'. I had to remove my still very small Sids earlier(longest being about 4 cm, so less than 2 inch) because of aggressiveness to even much bigger fish from my 120 gallon.

In one of the other boards I found a message that lowering water temperature and Ph if it is high, may be beneficial. I lowered my temperature from 25,5 C to 24 C. My Ph in my 15 gallon is 8, but I have not lowered that. After a week I decided to find out if the Sids would be more peaceful. If so, I will not need to buy an extra tank (for the Sids when they have grown larger or a new quarantaine tank.) So, I caught 6 small black mollies in my 120 and put them in the 15 gallon. They have been in the 15 gallon for a week now. You will not believe this: instead of chasing and pecking the mollies (what the Sids did in the big tank), they leave them totally in peace. What is more: the mollies are the first to get to the Hikari sinking tablets. Then come the otocinclus'and then, without pestering come the Sids. You won't believe your eyes! They seem so unlikely peaceful.... I will keep the mollies for a while in the small tank (maybe the Sids will remember their aggressiveness in the near future...)

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg