Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Re: clown loach & ich

Posted By: Matt M. <Yamaha225@NetZero.net>
Date: Sunday, 7 May 2000, at 2:44 p.m.

In Response To: clown loach & ich (darian)

I just finished battling ich in my tank with clowns and a lot of other fish. What I did was put the temp to 85* F and add about 1 tsp of ROCK SALT to 5 gallons of water. I added some Tetra Medica ContraSpot that is a malachite green/formaldehide medication. I added it at half strength. I changed the water and vacuumed the gravel every 4 days and re-medicated with the amount of medication to medicate the amount of water that I changed. EX: I have 29 gallon tank so I started with enough to do the whole tank at 1/2 the dosage. Then when I changed about 10 gallons of water I just added back enough medication to treat 10 gallons at 1/2 dosage. Also add back the salt that is lost. DO NOT use table salt because it contains an anti-caking agent that is harmful to fish. Just regular rock salt and I ground mine up in a coffee grinder to get it really fine and it dissolved really quick. I only had to do this for about 3 treatments (12 days) and it is gone and has not come back for about a month. I hope this helps!!!

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with