Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Re: clown loach & ich

Posted By: darian <eeyore7@lanset.com>
Date: Monday, 8 May 2000, at 3:11 a.m.

In Response To: Re: clown loach & ich (Nick)

Nick - Thank you for your help. I'm a little concerned about the two clown loaches after treating them. They seem to just want to hide and be still. They had been fairly active before treatment although the spots and scratching were increasing. Does the stillness mean they are much worse or is that the way they deal with all this? There are 2 pitcus catfish in the tank also that seem completely unaffected as do the 3 gourami. Tonight was the first night that the loaches didn't want to come out of their hiding place to eat. Actually the one with the most spots showed some interest in eating, the other just wanted to hide. Any suggestions?? Some people say Coppersafe is better. Any opinion on that? As to water, I don't think there is much salt in mine. Do you think that the 6 teaspoons of salt I used would be enough in the 30 gal tank? The rocks were 1/16-1/4 inch size (I ground them up as suggested so it would dissolve). Also - if I change 10% of the water, would I just add enough medication for the 10% I put back in so that the concentration doesn't get out of hand? Based on the loaches lack of movement, should I change to another treatment? Every morning I get up wondering if they will still be swimming.

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg <