Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Clowns & ich!

Posted By: darian <eeyore7@lanset.com>
Date: Tuesday, 9 May 2000, at 10:59 p.m.

Thank you for all the help with the ich. I tried the Rid-Ich for a day and the clowns didn't look so good. That made me scared that the medicine was worse than the disease (sort of). So - I tried the heat (85 degrees) and the salt (I used 4 tablespoons for 30 gal) and put a blanket over the tank. The blanket helped the heater which was having a hard time getting to the 85 degrees and provided the darkness. I think they are doing better - seem more active with less spots. I just did a gravel cleanup and changed about a 1/3 of the water. How long should I keep the tank at 85*? How long should I try to maintain the darkness? Also - I notice that 1 of the clowns continuously goes over all the plants (plastic) as though he is getting food from them. They do have some algae at the top, but that's not the part he prefers. He seems to prefer doing this even when I am feeding them, so that I'm not sure how much food he's getting. Anyone know about this? The other clown will join in, but isn't so persistent with the behavior. Thanks again for the help before.

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.