Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Is there anyway to help these poor loaches at Petco?

Posted By: Ashley Loachclip
Date: Sunday, 14 May 2000, at 3:41 a.m.

There is this Petco store here in Fremont,CA which has me very concerned. I've only been in this store twice now, but both times I've seen that all the loaches are very sick with ick. The fist time I noticed this one small loach in a tank with some live plants and he had a bad case of ich. The lights were on and the temp was 72 degrees! I told the girl working there that the water was too cold and she very rudely told me he was fine, and they were aware of his ich. I was on lunch break so I had no time to argue. Today I went back there and I saw 2 tanks of loaches there all with very bad ich. There was no therm. for me to see how cold the water was. I feel like if I go to the manager they'll just write me off as some looney. I personally don't have time to keep going back there to check there progress, but my love of animals lea