Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Re: Disappointed in PA

Posted By: Nancy <naboden@aol.com>
Date: Tuesday, 16 May 2000, at 10:45 a.m.

In Response To: Disappointed. (Joe Loach)

I'm afraid that I was spoiled by the store where I worked in Charleston, SC. Dave has been in business for 14 years, and has built a reputation that has people driving over 6 hours to buy fish. Two Superpetz, and a new PetSmart hasn't really hurt him at all. I haven't had much time to go "shopping" since I moved, but did emerge from among the boxes a couple of times, and have been extremely disappointed with what I'm finding. There was one store I visited last Oct., that was only about a mile from my apartment. They had a good selection of fish, and seemed well cared for. Of course, when I went by there the other day, they are totally gone. The owners retired, and it is now a dog grooming studio. I checked out one that JD had told me about, and it wasn't too bad, but I was amazed at the number of dead fish. When I get a little more settled, I'm planning on checking out the list that BB sent me, but I'm guessing that they are probably about an hour away. I'm looking forward to taking a day and going to Lancaster, to That Fish Place, but again that's going to have to wait. I guess you don't know how good you have it until it's gone.

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.