Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

New Loach!!!

Posted By: Ed Averill <eaverill@rabidgames.com>
Date: Sunday, 21 May 2000, at 10:01 p.m.

Well, I saw this one little dojo at the LFS and he was All Alone in the tank, except for a zebra danio, and he was as healthy as you could hope for, so I picked up the little fellow and brought him home. He's in my cory + khuli tank and he seems to be getting along famously with the khulis and his other tankmates (although, in true loach fashion, mostly he ignores the corys unless there's a morsel around, in which case he wriggles over and/or under them to reach it!)...

He's amazingly cute! Well, _I_ think so, the barbels on the little guy are amazing, compared to those on my clowns and modestas - very long and straight.

Now to hit the "search" link and learn all about him...

ps. The same LFS has a pretty decent size clown loach, I'd guess him at around 7-8 inches long. If he's still there tomorrow, he's coming home with me! There's room in my clown tank for one more (at least, the clowns feel that way! Who knows what the morleti will think)...

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index |