Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

How often to Angel Fish Breed

Posted By: Zach Grimm <zpgrimm@Earthlink.net>
Date: Sunday, 21 May 2000, at 10:35 p.m.

Hi, i am back, well anyway i was excited to discover like 3 week ago my angel fish had breed and the femal laid here eggs on the side of my uplift tube. Well anyway the kinda fell off and they ate them as they were falling off. Next time i will collect the eggs after about 2 hours after they are layed i guess. the, a couple of months ago i bought 4 angelfish and two of those angel fish are breeding in my 30 gallon. The female is a Smoky and the male is a Marle black and white and they breed. i was wondering will my loaches eat the fry. How much are a breeding pair worth and how often to they breed, every year, every couple of months. please help, and also i have a fluval filter with peat fiber in it.