Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Clowns and Fast moving currents

Posted By: Cap <moody9898@hotmail.com>
Date: Tuesday, 23 May 2000, at 3:16 p.m.

I've recently bought a powerhead and place it into my tank closer to the top of the tank. The Arowana that I have in the tank seems to like to hit it so that the powerhead moves down lower to the bottom of the tank. A weird thing is that I 've seen my loaches gather around the mouth of the powerhead and just sit directly in the stream of water that is being pushed out. I want to know if Clowns enjoy a strong water current, if so I'll move the powerhead to the bottom of the tank. I have about 9 loaches in the tank thats including 5 clowns, 2 skunks, 1 sriata, and 1 yoyo. There is also a Arowana, 2 frontosa's and a Dwarf Gourami. This is my 45g growing out tank, so dont jump down my throat because of over-stocking. If you guys know something I don't help me out :).