Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

5 Fish dead over night!

Posted By: Christina <Mixie3@hotmail.com>
Date: Saturday, 27 May 2000, at 12:23 a.m.

Hi everyone. I had had a clown loach for about eight months, he had grown to be quite large (i would say about 4 inches). Anyway, he was living in my boyfriends 36 gallon tank and doing excellent! About a week ago I moved him to my tank (a 20 gallon week old tank). I transferred his rocks and bubbles- and I also brought some fish from his prior home (2 blue acara's and a jewel cichlid, and one baby clown loach). The first couple of days he seemed great. I went on vacation for three days, and when I returned the one baby loach was dead. The rest of my fish looked bad! I checked the water and everything was okay -my ph was up a little- so i took care of that. i dropped some food in there- and none of the fish even went for the food (which is so weird for them). I noticed that they were acting v