Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

New tank - questions

Posted By: darian <eeyore7@lanset.com>
Date: Sunday, 28 May 2000, at 2:45 p.m.

Well, not that I haven't had some problems anyway, I need to move my fish to a new tank (larger - 44 gallons from 30) and some of the posts here scare me. I was going to keep the same gravel (thinking it would have some beneficial bacteria on it) and thought about starting the new filter running in the old tank so the bio-wheel could get going. Should I use a lot of the old water (even though I still have some of the white stuff in it). I still don't know what that is, so I'm not sure about keeping the water. I will though if it makes a big difference. Will actually be taking everything (rocks, plastic plants, gravel) from the old to the new. But, because I am using all this old stuff in the new, I need to put fish in a holding tank, make the switch and put in the fish. I will check temp etc first to be sur