|View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
The Loach Forum Archives (2)
Re: Black Skunge
Posted By: Iris <Iris6@aol.com> In Response To: Black Skunge (christin)
Date: Thursday, 1 June 2000, at 3:40 p.m.
In Response To: Black Skunge (christin)
Black? Is it really dark green? There's a type of dark green algae that really sticks to whatever it grows on.
For fake plants, I suggest dropping them in a strong Chlorox solution until it dies and comes off. Then rinse really, really well - I find that after disinfecting something with chlorine, dipping the items in a bucket of water with LOTS (i.e. an overdose) of dechlorinator (such as Prime) really removes *all* the chlorine and makes the items safe for fish again.
As for live plants, I hope someone else here has an idea. I lost a lot of plants to that problem years ago, but lately have been fortunate enough not to have the problem.
If it *is* algae, try reducing the number of hours you keep you lights on, and make sure your nitrAte isn't too high (water changes!)
Messages In This Thread