Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Lost Clown...

Posted By: Matt
Date: Tuesday, 6 June 2000, at 1:24 p.m.

Well, the filter on my quaratine tank packed in today, so had a mad panic to move my two new Clowns and my Silver Tips into my main tank....and then I realised that one of my Clowns had disappeared!! Oh no!

Well, I looked everywhere, stripped the tank down and all, but eventually gave up. I went to take the filter apart to see if I could salvage it, when I heard a sound from inside it! Took it apart, and a very unhappy loach was jammed between the blades of the impeller. He'd obviously swum up the outlet and got stuck!

Took a bit of shaking to get him out, but he was totally unharmed and is now swimming happily in his new tank with his friend! I was mightily relieved I can tell you!

Anyway, back to work...need to email my wife so they get fed.

Matt

Messages In This Thread