Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Nigs....

Posted By: Donna Seidel-Kansas <d3dd@webtv.net>
Date: Wednesday, 7 June 2000, at 11:54 p.m.

Have searched the archives-- looking for an I.D. on my 4 new "Black Banded Botias." I think these may be the Botia Nigri.

These fish are about 2 inches, at first glance their coloring reminded me of young, slender Julidochromis. As I look at them here in my desk tank they look like skinny Ottos. I ask about them here on LOL because they also look like the Juvs on the Loach Pictures page of Botia Nigri.

SO, have you all decided what kind of tank, temp, food these guys like? I have them at room temp 70 - 80. No probs.

But, most of all I wonder about their deportment. Reading that they may be aggressive - in the Modesta family - I am ready to regret my purchase :-)

Right now they are charming, small and cute. I think one of them actually reared up after a baby brine shrimp and tumbled over on his back in his enthusiasm for the chase.

I found these in a fish store in Kansas. Same shop also has the "Black Harlequin Rasbora." I.D. not yet found on this fish- a real beauty. First time I have seen these guys, also.

By the way, it was just a year ago I asked this group "Is a Pakistani Loach the same as a Sids?"

Please talk to my about the probable Nigs.

Donna Seidel, Kansas

Messages In This Thread