Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Fish Tuberculosis, snails can carry?

Posted By: shannon <snebluemoon@earthlink.net>
Date: Saturday, 10 June 2000, at 1:27 p.m.

Hello everyone, i was searching for information on fish TB, and noticed you have very knowledgeable people on your forum. i would appreciate any information anyone can provide on whether snails can become infected with, or carry fish TB. i have not been able to locate any information on the status of snails in relation to TB.

i suspect an inhabitant of a small tank i own to be infected, and there are apple snails in the tank which are for breeding for food. i am hesitant to feed any offspring if ingesting the snails will pass the TB on. since results of antibiotics seem to be varied and often ineffective and the fish is too small to administer an injectionof erythromyacin, i am helpless to cure and may have to destroy the fish. there are 5 other fish in the tank, which are also now