Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Guess what I got??

Posted By: Matt M. <Yamaha225@NetZero.net>
Date: Sunday, 18 June 2000, at 11:26 p.m.

Hey all! I know I haven't been on in a while but I have been very busy. I have moved my tank to a cooler spot and away from the window to get rid of algae and to stop fish from dying. My last clown bit the dust, I don't really know what happened to him, the temp was only 84* F and he was sitting in his cave like normal but he was dead as a doornail. I had to have something loachy and the LFS happed to have some new modestas in so I got 3 of them. I have had a time with these little buggers. As far as aggression, I have seen only playing around in there little group but they don't like to stay in the tank!! I wake up this morning only to find the biggest one on the floor dry as a bone. I don't know how but he was still alive and he is swimming hapilly now with the rest. Later on in the day, I come back to find the medium sized one missing. I immedietly check the floor and he is not there. Then I look in the powerfilter and there he was! I was in my room later and I head some splashing but the same one was swimming near the outflow of the powerfilter. I watched him for a second and to my amazement, he flopped right back over in the filter AGAIN! I dumped him out after being stabbed by sub-occulars when I reached over in the filter to get him. These things are cool though and they have calmed down a bit now, I guess they will just have to get used to their new home!!

Messages In This Thread